Web developer | IT Consultant
Currently working as PHP Backend Web Developer at XM
PHP Backend Web Developer
- Developing new web applications and technologies.
- PHP development as per project needs with the use of frameworks.
- Developing database management systems on the web and ensuring the design and pattern of the developed website is according to the requirements of the Head of Development, in terms of security, data integrity, functionality, and features.
- Implementing web application utilities for reporting, reconciliation and other purposes on a daily basis.
- Designing, creating and developing SQL (MySQL) Server databases on a per project basis.
- Performing routine site maintenance as needed and spot errors.
- Maintaining and updating the payment gateway for electronic transferring of funds.
Technical Support Engineer
Globo PLC www.globoplc.com
- Providing support to customers-developers facing technical problems with the programming studio and cloud services.
- Replicating reported problems to validate and identify the root cause.
- Guiding customers-developers towards the right resolution path for problems which are not product-related.
- Co-operating and following up with 3rd-level support to ensure rapid resolution of bugs.
- Engaging with the customer community to provide solutions and answers via the Developers Forum.
- Updating a knowledge base and FAQ’s for products and services.
- Participating in beta testing of new product versions to ensure readiness to support new releases.
IT Managing Consultant/IT Manager
Portable Solutions LTD www.portable.gr
- Developing web applications and managing web servers through ssh access or cPanel.
- Developing small applications using VB.NET and VB6.
- Managing-organizing all the crucial IT tools (ticketing system, PBX software, email accounts etc.)
- Design reports with Crystal Reports 9.0 for catering-restaurant shops.
- Administrating MS SQL databases for catering-restaurant shops.
- Writing SQL queries to validate data and to ensure data integrity.
- Coordination and guidance of IT department.
- Training new staff and partners for using company’s software and products.
- Demonstration of software according to customer requirements.
- Handling complex technical problems for customers providing solution with remote access and phone.
- Functional application testing of wireless ordering applications.
- Replicating reported problems from customers to validate and identify the root cause.
- Technical evaluation of new hardware and software products.
- Writing requirements analysis for developers to create applications.
- Writing documentations about company’s software and hardware products for internal use.
- PDA - Pocket PC thermal printers and tax systems installation and technical support.
IT Consultant/IT Support (Internship)
Portable Solutions LTD www.portable.gr
- Design and developing web application for online ordering.
- IT customer support service providing support from remote access and phone.
- Training customers and partners for using company’s software and products.
- Installation of networks, software and peripherals according to customer requirements.
- PDA - Pocket PC thermal printers and tax systems technical support.
Student Laboratory Assistant (Part time employee).
Software and Services Engineering Lab at Electronic Computer Systems Engineer of Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus s2e.teipir.gr
- Providing technical network and computer support to lab students.
- Keeping updated the lab’s website.
- Installation and administrating a wiki platform (DokuWiki).
Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus. teipir.gr
Bachelor of Science, Electronic Computer Systems Engineer (September 2005 - September 2014)
1st Technical Professional Lyceum of Egaleo
Certificate in Computer support systems, applications and networks (September 2001 - June 2004)
Developing Web Apps
Installing Points of Sales
- Development of a ticketing web application for Portable Solutions LTD to supply efficient customer support. The application developed using CakePHP, Twitter Bootstrap, MySQL and jQuery.
- Development of an application simulating scheduling algorithms of hard-drives using C programming language and parallel programming methods for the course Operating Systems II with excellent grade.
Technical skills and competences
- Developing web applications using PHP MVC Frameworks (CakePHP, CodeIgniter).
- Developing RESTful web services using PHP MVC frameworks
- Web application development using CMS (Wordpress, familiar also with Drupal).
- Installing, configuring and administrating wiki platforms (DokuWiki, MediaWiki, TWiki).
- Developing small applications using Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic 6.0, ANSI C/C++, JAVA.
- Designing, managing and administrating databases (MySQL, MS SQL).
- Designing ERD diagrams and Flowcharts.
- Designing reports using Crystal Reports 9.
- Linux server administration (Ubuntu Server, Gentoo, Debian).
- Familiar with Version Control Systems (Git, Microsoft VSS).
- Familiar with Ticketing Systems and Bug Reporting Systems (Kayako, Jira, Bugzilla, The Bug Genie).
- Very good use of various IDE (Netbeans, PhpStorm, MySQL workbench).
- Familiar with ERP programs (openERP, Dolibarr, softONE).
- Good use of the Adobe Suite mainly Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Programming microControllers (80x85).
- Programming in ASSEMBLY (z80, 80x86).
- Very good use of Matlab and LabVIEW.
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project).
- Marital Status:
- Driving license:
- Car driving license (class B)
- Motorcycle driving license (class A)
- Date of birth:
- Place of birth:
- Greece, Attiki
- Military service:
- Completed (Nov. 2010 – Aug. 2011)
- Native Language
- Excellent Knowledge